Did I just make the perfect dress for transitioning from summer to fall?
Maybe!
I was inspired by this fabric I bought earlier in the summer, Fableism Lumiere from Stash. A gorgeous apparel weight cotton fabric in a large scale plaid.
A crisp summer weight fabric, but in very autumnal colors- beautiful browns, black, tan, deep magenta and pops of orange.
I wanted to sew up something that wouldn't break up the plaid too much, and wouldn't require too too much plaid matching.
It worked out pretty well! Plaid matching is looking good across the center front and sides, which is what I care about. Sleeves and belt, less so.
Enter the Style Arc Palmer Woven Shirtdress, which I made last year and quite liked. A simple drop shoulder shirtdress with a split hem.
I cut a size 20, like last time. The longer length.
The only change I made from last time was to square off the front hem, which was originally curved.
Pretty excited about it! I think it will work well with tights and a cardigan or jacket come cooler weather...