Monday, October 10, 2011

Crocheted Baby Cardigan

Now that I know the top down/seamless/ridiculously easy method for making baby sweaters, I am knocking these things out in a single afternoon!



I saw this "Every Day is a New Sweater Day" pattern from Rima Aranha at Yarny Days, the same woman who designed the cute kimono-style sweater I made a couple weeks ago... based on the same concept, but with a collar and evenly sized front panels, it was pretty cute and easily manipulated style-wise.

I crocheted this one for baby Izzy using Lily Sugar n' Cream cotton yarn in a variegated called "Moondance" and a solid purple called "Grape." Baby Andrew, yours is on the way and will be much manlier!

UPDATE:  Baby Izzy in her sweater! 
She's giving the camera a bit of the stink eye, but I think she likes the sweater, no?
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sad I can't find the pattern for this using the links on this post. This is exactly the style I was hoping to find and this is the only place I've even seen a picture for it. I especially want to use the lily's sugar and cream yarn. Can you help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I see that the pattern designer's website is no longer active. But, luckily, the pattern is still available for download at Ravelry (I think you need to create an account if you don't already have one): http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/everyday-is-a-new-sweater-day

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing the link. Unfortunately I didn't get back to check it right away and with the holiday rush, I am just now getting back to it. Unfortunately the link is no longer available as well, but thank you. I'm still searching...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so strange that it keeps disappearing from sites, it's such a cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so strange that it keeps disappearing from sites, it's such a cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just tried this web address again and it worked this time! Thank you so much for your help! I'm so excited to make this for my friend's brand new baby :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were able to find the pattern! Happy crocheting!

      Delete