Thursday, August 8, 2024

Georgia Tee x Three

I recently made three versions of the Elizabeth Suzann Georgia tee, a favorite pattern of mine, all from stash fabric. Such a satisfying, palette-cleansing sew! And a wearable basic.

Boring to repeat a pattern this many times? Maybe, but I don't care. I love this pattern and wear it all the time in the summer. It's loose and cool, but my shoulders are covered from the sun.

For my first Georgia, I used a beautiful drapey citrus colored linen from Stash (not available anymore, but she has lots of lovely linen!). I had large scraps leftover from my Harper tunic, though not a large enough piece to cut front and back out. I cut back in two pieces with a seam at center back.

The second Georgia is made from a fabric from my stash:

Back when I lived in Bangkok I bought a stack of traditional Thai handwoven plaid fabric at Chatuchak market. The fabric, a traditional, lightweight, loosely woven cotton fabric called "phakhaoma," came pre-cut in a narrow (32") piece with a border on each short end of the piece. 

You might remember I made a Maya shirt out of phakhaoma approximately 1 billion years ago.

I love the teal and maroon color combo in this plaid phakhaoma! I cut my Georgia to have the border at the bottom of the front and back, as well as on the cuffs/sleeves. Speaking of cuffs, I like the look of the cuffs rolled up in this stiffer fabric.

The third Georgia is made from an Indonesian batik, also from my stash, originally purchased when I lived in Jakarta so many years ago!

It's a floral design in a peachy orange, seafoam, navy and mossy green/brown. I love it. 

I am so happy with all three of these, and I know I will wear them a ton. I made them a month or so ago and have worn each one ant least four time already!


All paired with my Spaghetti Western Sewing Henrietta Skirt, which I have worn tons this summer.