Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Rusty Sunday Sweater

Some fluffy fall fiber fun...


Here is my latest knitting project, finished just in time for weather cold enough to make this New Englander turn the heat on! And then turn so warm again you have to pull your summer clothes back out!

This is the Petite Knit Sunday Sweater, a top-down sweater with a ribbed, round yoke and balloon sleeves. 


I knit up the largest size, which worked pretty well (although I wish their pattern size range was larger). I ended up shortening the sleeves by about two inches, as well as the bodice, too. 


The yarn is the Knit Picks Wonderfluff in Red Clay Heather, which I bought during their massive fall sale last year. Super soft and fluffy and light. It's baby alpaca and merino fibers in lightweight tube of nylon mesh. 


The folded over collar was fun to knit and a first for me. I had to knit it twice because it got twisted the first time I tried to connect it to back to itself. 


I was worried that the neckline would stretch out with wear, so I did a line of single row of crochet on the back neck to provide some structure. 

I may go back and either crochet around the whole neck, or maybe add some elastic thread.


My main beef, after wearing it a couple of times, is that I definitely regret not adding any back neck shaping. 
The pattern doesn't include any, which I noticed when knitting, but decided may it wouldn't matter. But I notice it when wearing it! The back neck feels low. 


It was a fun and relaxing knit. I love when you don't have to keep a row count! 

I love the look of this sweater: cozy, but light, and very wearable.