Sunday, October 4, 2026

Miro Top

One more summery top before I go full on cold weather sewing!


When it was released, I knew I had to make a Sue-Ching Lachelles Miro Top. 


Lots of cute versions from the testers, and you know I love a boxy top, especially one with an interesting detail!


The Miro Top is a relaxed boxy top with grown-on sleeves finished with cuffs. It's split on the sides and in the center front, with front ties that can be crossed and tied at the back, under or over the rest of the top, or tied loosely at the front.


The pattern goes up to a 55 inch bust. I cut a size 3XL.


The pattern is designed for a 5’3” person, and looked fairly cropped to begin with, so I lengthened it three inches. I'm 5'7" with a long torso.


The fabric I used is leftover from my Liz Quilted Liner Jacket project, a a lovely, light, textured handwoven cotton I got at my local secondhand craft supply shop, The Makery.


I'd be curious about making a version of the Miro in a more drapey fabric, like a rayon challis or something like that. 


And perhaps playing with the tie placement for a more dramatic wrap? I also saw someone who sewed up the side seams, but left holes for the ties. 


A cute, fun and quick project! I could definitely see myself making another one!