Sunday, September 11, 2011

Crochet Spring Scarf

This scarf crocheted up really quickly and was super easy.  I like the hole-y look you get by skipping every other stitch. 

I really love the color of the yarn, too, and the fact that it's organic cotton.  My only complaint is that I don't love the lumpy texture of the yarn.  In the past I felt like lumpy yarn was helpful to cover up any mistakes I made, but now I don't really care for it... no stitch definition.  Apparently my crochet tastes have matured ;-)

2 comments:

  1. that looks great! what stitch did you use? i also love the color!

    do you have a favorite yarn store in dc? (preferably one that doesn't charge my entire paycheck for one skein).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It's double crochet, chain one, skip the next stitch, double crochet. Pretty easy!

    I'm pretty new to the yarn store thing, but I think Looped Yarn Works (http://loopedyarnworks.com/) in Dupont Circle is really nice- they have a large selection, including both reasonably priced and fancy, whole paycheck yarn.

    I hit up Michael's or Jo-Ann Fabric out in the 'burbs for yarn, too. I just try to avoid the acrylic stuff if possible.

    ReplyDelete