Sunday, May 20, 2012

Plaid Anda Top

 I made this top this weekend and already wore it out for beers- quite comfy.  I made it using Burdastyle's Anda pattern (the same pattern I used for my Fraulein Maria dress), but shortened it to the "add length here" line and put in an elastic empire waist.  I'm quite proud... I made the whole thing with french seams (using this tutorial) so the inside is clean and pretty.  I still struggle a little bit with the bias tape (both making it and sewing it on), but it's getting a little bit better with each garment I make.


The fabric is from the Real Martha. I believe she purchased it circa 1981. I'm not kidding.  She also sent some bias tape made in 1978.  It's older than me.


Lincoln helped with the top... and by "helped" I mean that he pulled each of the pins out as I put them in.


No comments:

Post a Comment