Sunday, February 17, 2013

Toddler Overalls

Ug, these came out cute, huh?  Little adjustable overalls for Zoe...


Made using this downloadable pattern (Jody Baby Overalls) from I Think Sew.  The pattern was pretty easy to follow.  I had to wrap my brain around the waistband construction a little bit- inserting elastic in just the back part and attaching the pants took some thinking, but it came out well in the end.  I made just one change: rather than install loops on the front bib to which you knot the straps, I made buttonholes and then sewed 3 sets of buttons onto the straps to make them adjustable.  Hopefully it works!


I used some cute grey, flowered quilting cotton from Joann Fabrics. I had ordered it online when it was on sale and when I got it, I found it to be a little bit heavier/stiffer than I would have liked, but it was perfect for overalls, which need a sturdier fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment