Monday, August 12, 2013

Briar, Take 2

Told ya I'd be right back with another Briar t-shirt!  This one is the full length version and actually in my size, so there are better photos than my last Briar.



I made this one with some kelly green and white striped knit fabric I got from the Real Martha's stash of vintage/old fabric... it has a bit of an '80s feel to it.   It's a much more stable knit than the last fabric I used, which made it much easier to cut.  Pretty easy to sew, too, except the edges curled like a mofo.


Sewing this baby together was super simple except for a serger user-error on my part which caused my serger to eat up the neckline a bit.  So my neckline is wider than called for and the band narrower.  But in the end, I think it looks better this way! This time I included the pocket, which I cut it with the stripes running vertically (I did the same for the neckband).



Overall, I like the final result.  I am a little concerned that it is perhaps a bit too long in the back... it fully covers my butt.  Hmmm.  Also, I think next time I'll center the pocket a bit more... it's inching towards my armpit somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment