Thursday, October 30, 2014

My Last Minute Halloween Accessorizing

I was really struggling with what to wear for Halloween.  I'd heard that some folks in my office were really into dressing up, plus I was handing out candy in my apartment building and heading to a costume party, so I needed something.


However, when I saw the cute beaded spiders on Heidi and Finn during my daily blog reading, I knew I had my costume. So clever! And pretty easy, too. Plus, no need to go out and find supplies, as I had everything in my beading stash already. Yay for finding use for random beads! Once I'd made the spiders, I attached a couple to a headband and a couple to the web I crocheted.


For my web, I followed this pattern I found on Craftsy for a free half circle crocheted spider web. I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn from my stash and a size I hook.  I took the pattern out two more layers out to get a bigger web and tied it around myself (over my Tilly and the Buttons Coco)... ta da!!


I was envisioning more Arachnophobia, but due to time constraints ended up with sparkly spider headband + doily, but I am calling it a win anyway!

What are you wearing for Halloween?