Thursday, January 18, 2018

Testing, testing: Cashmerette Belmont Leggings + Cedar Dolman


Activewear, activewear... standing in the snow in my activewear.



This here is my tester version of the new Cashmerette activewear collection! This is the Cedar dolman top and the Belmont leggings (there is also a workout tank and yoga pant). There have been some minor changes to the patterns since testing, but nothing too drastic.


The Cedar dolman is a cut-on sleeve, scoop neck top that can be made with a tie hem or without. This one is made from a non-stretch, mesh-y, wicking fabric, which is from Imagine Gnats from way back when (although it looks like there's a little bit left!). Honestly, it wasn't the easiest to sew with and is a teeny bit stiff for this pattern, I think. Next time I make the tie version, which will be soon (y'all know I love a cut-on sleeve!), I'll use something with a bit more drape, like Jenny's awesome striped jersey version.


The Belmont leggings are ultra-high waist (above the belly button, which I adore), full length, and have a gusset (or not, your call). I made this pair from a 91% cotton/9% lycra blend fabric from the athletic/lounge section of Joann Fabrics. In this material, I'll likely wear them less for working out and more for hanging out. In fact, you might spy them in my Lou Box Dress post, too. They're super comfortable and don't slide down... yes!


I'm really excited about this activewear collection! The pieces I made as a tester are great and I'm really looking forward to trying the other views. In particular, the Cedar workout tank is calling my name... I've never really found a tank like that that I've been comfortable in, but I'm pretty sure Cashmerette will help out on that front! Plus, all the curvy athlete inspiration that Jenny has been posting on her blog has really got me itching to get out there and get moving!