Saturday, August 29, 2020

Caftans and Cocktails: Grass Green Envelope Dress

Caftan wearing weather is threatening to end here in Vermont, but I wanted to squeeze in one more before #CaftansandCocktails2020 ended!


The is the Cris Wood Envelope dress again. I just love the simplicity of this design, the fact that it's zero waste, and the ability to tweak it using her formula to get your desired fit or use up a special piece of fabric.

I wanted to use this piece of batik rayon challis I've had in my stash for several years now. My mom gave it to me and it's been languishing in my stash for some reason.


I love the color! I think this green is among my favorites.

The piece of fabric was about 2 meters by 44 inches wide. I used the whole piece for this Envelope Dress.

This resulted in an oversized Envelope dress, like my last one, but a bit shorter in length. And those few extra inches in length make the dress even wider and more dramatic.


The photo above is my "Are you not entertained?!" moment.


This dress is seriously the most comfortable thing ever. I love wearing it around the house, especially when it's hot out.


But maybe I can still rock it this winter over leggings and a long-sleeved tee? Time will tell.


I'm really going to miss Caftans and Cocktails!