I had a bunch of leftover cream cheese after the baby shower... I decided to jazz it up a little bit for Sunday bagel brunch. Loosely based on this Ina Garten recipe, I beat the following veggies into 2 8-ounce blocks of cream cheese:
- about 1/4 cup of finely shredded carrot
- 4 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 large or 2 regular green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- a sprinkle of black pepper
So good... Amy said it tastes like it came from a NYC deli. I think that's a pretty good compliment!