Thursday, October 15, 2015

Testing, testing: Cashmerette Appleton Wrap Dress


Super happy with this make from earlier in the summer (as you can tell from my relatively long hair)!!

This is the first Cashmerette pattern, Appleton, a wrap dress, naturally, from Jenny, the queen of wrap dresses!!!


As I said, Cashmerette patterns are specifically designed with curvy ladies in mind. The patterns range in size from 12-28 and allow you to choose your cup size.  Read all about this awesome new venture here!

I've got a full review of the pattern over on the Curvy Sewing Collective if you want all the dirty deets.

Go check it out!


This dress was a pleasure to sew up... the instructions were quite clear and I am in love with the final product!  It's such a quick sew, too. Very satisfying to sew a classy dress that can go from the office to drinks in such a short amount of time!


Please note that this is the tester version of the Appleton dress... a few minor tweaks have been made to the pattern as a result of testing since this, including taking a tiny bit of curve out of the hip area.


I love how the wide neckband is snug to my body so there is no threat of gaping or flashing. Also, the skirt has a generous amount overlap, for which I am thankful while standing on the occasionally breezy platforms of Bangkok's elevated rail system. 

I bought the fabric at Nido, an adorable fabric and yarn store in Burlington, Vermont when I was visiting this past summer.  It's some lovely jersey with amazing stretch and recovery. The fabric content has slipped my mind (I should have written it down!), but it's a nice medium weight, not too clingy. I love how the stripey bits look going in different directions on the neckband and waist tie!


I love the Appleton pattern and can't wait to make more of these babies! I've worn my tester version several times, including for a couple important work events, and felt comfy and chic each time.

Congratulations to Jenny on launching this labor of love for the curvy ladies of the world!!!