Friday, April 29, 2016

Me Made May 2016

It's that time of year again: Me Made May! This is my third year participating in this fun event (check out past posts here!). I love seeing how everyone wears their hand-made garments in different combinations that I never would have considered. It always sparks me to try new things, new patterns, and take a hard look at my me-made wardrobe.

me-made-may'16


I pretty much wear me-made everyday already, so I have been trying to think of a way to spice up my pledge... Looking through my over-stuffed wardrobe, it occurred to me that I need to do some culling. While I do not plan to go all Marie Kondo on things, I'd like to pull out at least a few items for donation and/or refashioning throughout the month.

As such, I pledge to wear one me-made item every day for the month of May, but I will use MMMay16 as an opportunity to re-wear some deep cuts from my me-made wardrobe to assess whether they should stay or go. I'll wear two deep cuts per week and make a decision about their status. 

In past years I've had more than a fair bit of selfie fatigue throughout the month of May. So while I may take daily photos, I'm not planning on posting them anywhere on a daily basis. I'll save them for a weekly round-up here and on Instagram.

How about you? Are you participating in Me Made May this year? What's your favorite part of this exercise?