Monday, April 10, 2017

Testing, testing: True Bias Lodo Dress

Here is my tester version of the latest from Kelli at True Bias: the Lodo dress!!


The Lodo dress pattern is a cute t-shirt dress with a subtle cocoon shape, quite possibly the perfect v-neck and wan extended cap sleeve... so, pretty much my ideal dress.


View A is mid-calf length with a slit and View B’s hem hits a couple of inches above the knee.


One unique feature of the Lodo dress pattern is that it uses woven facings for the neckline and armholes, which provide great structure.

They're easy to sew and are also a fabulous scrap buster. I used black and white batik scraps from my Ilsley skirt for mine:
I cut the longer version, View A. Lodo is meant to be made from heavier knits, "medium weight stable knit fabrics," so I opted for a black rayon ponte for mine. Worked out perfectly!

I love this dress! It's quite elegant in its simplicity. It's also incredibly comfortable and definitely a wardrobe staple.

In a solid color, it's perfect for accessorizing, but it would also be the perfect opportunity to show off a wild print with its simple seamlines!