Monday, April 3, 2017

Sewcation Outfit 2: Morris Blazer


My mom's second sewcation outfit (see her first here!) will help her transition through spring... a Grainline Studio Morris Blazer!



For her Morris blazer, we cut a size 10 at the shoulders/bust and graded to a 14 at the hip. The fit is pretty great on her!

We lengthened the sleeves 1 inch to get them to full length on her. Maybe we could have used another 1/2-1 inch there.

We intended to make a green floral Morris for me, too, and take photos together, but it didn't work out, sadly. I got my blazer started, cutting one size up from last time, but I had some fitting issues that I am still working out (weirdly dropped shoulders + too much sleeve cap ease = not a good look).


My mom's fabric is a stretch sateen from Joann in lovely jewel tone watercolor flowers. It pairs perfectly with her magenta RTW tee and the black Style Arc Margaret pants we made together.


Construction-wise, we topstitched the facing down all around to prevent it flapping about. We serged the seams and facing edges. Nothing fancy. Pretty straightforward otherwise!