Thursday, February 28, 2019

Sew Twists and Ties: A Wrap-Up

Sadly, Sew Twists and Ties is coming to an end, but, happily, the concept (and the hashtag!) will live on...



This challenge has been so much fun and so inspiring! Considering I pulled it together entirely on a whim during that strange time between Christmas and New Year's, this has been a truly fabulous challenge.

I am still in awe of the number of people that joined in the fun and truly floored by the skills, creativity and joy every person put in to their project(s)!

First, I want to give a special thank you to all of the generous pattern companies and fabric shops that provided giveaways as part of #SewTwistsandTies... And I can't wait to see what the winners make with their winnings!











Next, I wanted to share a little round-up of projects I made during the challenge. I had a few specific projects planned from the start, but added more as I saw all of the stunning community projects roll in via the hashtag and as I let the inspiration wash over me...


Megan Nielsen Jarrah Sweater, Named Ruska Knot Dress, Itch to Stitch Nottingham Top

Papercut Patterns Meridian Dress, Schnittmuster Berlin Edda Top, McCall's 7429 Twist Dress

Seamwork Elmira, Simplicity 8655 Tie Front Top, Style Arc Sadie tunic

And finally, I wanted to give one more shout to everyone who participated. My intention was to pick a few projects from the hashtag to highlight here, but there were so many (and they are still coming in!) and they were all so fabulous that I honestly couldn't choose. Please, do yourself a favor and head over to the Sew Twists and Ties hashtag to soak it all in!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!