Thursday, September 12, 2019

Floral Free Range Slacks

Some floral Free Range Slacks for my mom!



This Kaffe Fassett floral fabric caught my eye, and my mom's, when we were perusing the wares at Yankee Pride Quilts, a local quilt shop here in Vermont. 



I've always admired Kaffe Fassett's large-scale prints, but was wary of the quilting cotton substrate. But this stuff is really nice, as far as quilting cottons go. Lightweight and decently drapey.


I showed my mom the Sew House Seven Free Range Slacks pattern on my phone and we decided it was a go! I sewed her a size 12, which matched her hip measurement. It worked pretty well.


This is Version 2, the straight leg, cropped version (same as the pair I made). On my mom, who has short legs, they're more like full length, as you can see.


She likes the pants! I think they have a bit of a pajama-pant vibe at times, but the fabric is so, so pretty and the fit is great, so we'll forgive the casual look.