Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Striped Linen Bo


I made myself another Seamwork Bo!


It's cutting it close to the end of summer for this breezy shirt, but I wear my first one so much I really wanted another, and the serger was already threaded!




Like Tim's shirt, this one is cut on the cross grain so the stripes are horizontal. Somehow I magically got stripe matching across the cuff seam, but only in the back? I kinda prefer the unmatched stripe in the front.


Like my first Bo, I cut a size 14, which is pleasantly oversized. 


For this Bo, though, I drafted a 2-inch deep facing for the neckline instead of using bias tape as the finish. I thought it might sit a little bit better than my first one, and mirror the deep hem more. Jury is still out.


A little sad that summer is wrapping up so I won't be able to wear this too many more times, but I imagine it will be a favorite next summer!