Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bulgur-Ricotta Pancakes

Hot off the presses (and griddle!)!!

In today's New York Times Dining & Wine section, Mark Bittman (The Minimalist) described some different options for making whole-grain pancakes not taste like lead bricks... one of those recipes was for ricotta and bulgur wheat pancakes with a hint of orange and cinnamon.
I'm not normally a pancake or sweet breakfast person (give me an egg sandwich any day), but for some reason these ricotta pancakes were calling my name. It helps that I had ricotta on hand (leftover from the "lag" rolls last week). These were pretty good! They are substantial, but still light and fluffy, with great flavor from the orange zest and cinnamon. The ones straight off the griddle tasted a lot better than the ones I kept warm in the oven, but I think that's par for the course for any pancakes. Served with McCarthy maple syrup!