Saturday, January 22, 2011

Crocheted Wire and Bead Necklace

Now that I'm 31, I've decided its high time to start cultivating my old lady crafting skillz. So a couple weeks ago I taught myself the basic crochet stitches, in the hopes of making this cute hat from Threadbanger. I think either I need a few more lessons, or I need to learn how to count better, because it's not going great. Not terrible, but not great. Glad I'm using some cheapy practice yarn for my first try. I'll keep y'all posted on the progress on that hat soon...However, my basic crochet skillz are definitely sufficient for making this super simple crocheted wire and bead necklace. Sweet... This necklace came together in less than an hour, but looks pretty complicated and ornate.I didn't have a letter "I" crochet hook as called for in the video. I had a "K," but it worked just fine.