Thursday, March 3, 2011

Orange Pan-Glazed Tofu

Colleen sent me this tasty looking orange pan-glazed tempeh/tofu recipe a couple weeks ago, but I didn't get around to giving it a try until this week, and she's busy hiking the Inca Trail... good news is, the recipe is great, so I'm happy to make it for her when she gets back. I bet at that point, she'll probably be ready for a break from Peru's national dish, guinea pig.Crispy tofu coated in a sour, sweet, gingery glaze was delicious served with rice (to which I added some lime juice, cilantro and minced scallions) and roasted broccoli. The only change I made to the recipe (because it seems like I'm incapable of making a recipe word-for-word these days) was to add a couple big squirts of Sriracha to the glaze prior to adding to the tofu, because I like it spicy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm ready for this meal any time!!!!! While the cook on our trek was decent, and the rainforest lodge was pretty awesome, they serve this weirdy soy protein to vegetarians that looks and is textured way too much like meat for my tastes. and they seem to have no hot sauce in that country.

    ReplyDelete