Saturday, June 27, 2015

Painted Portrait in Lawn


When she was in town earlier this year, Martha picked out a few colorways of this pretty cotton lawn at Belleboo. I offered to sew her up a top from the fabric and she chose the Painted Portrait blouse pattern from Anna Maria Horner. I'd made a couple of these tunics before, so she was able to try them on to see if the style worked for her, which it did!


A pretty straightforward make... a great tunic pattern! It's hard to see the style lines in this busy fabric, but they're quite pretty.


My only changes included skipping the facings in lieu of a bias tape facing at the neckline. I used some pretty floral bias tape I bought at Daiso, which is sorta the Japanese equivalent of the Dollar Store.


I also cut the back yoke on the fold and skipped the neck split and button


Looking good, Martha! Photos taken in my sister-in-law's lovely garden. Man, I wish it wasn't so hot in Bangkok so I could take photos in a more scenic spot without sweating to death!

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Lovely pictures in the garden. My Mom would love the lines on this top, though she has little patience for the fitting process...someday I'll talk her into making something for her again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a great pattern... not much fitting to be done, provided it fits across the bust.

      Delete
  2. This looks beautiful - and I bet the lines show up a bit more in person. I think it suits her really well, and how great to be able to try on a version before having it made up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! You're right, the lines do show up a bit better in person!

      Delete