Halfway through the year, here's an update on my progress! I've made a dent in some of my goals, but others I haven't even touched yet. At the same time, some of my plans have changed due to my move. The swimsuit, for instance, is less of a priority since I've just moved away from S.E. Asia, whereas the coat project seems more dire! Sewing sweaters and flannel things has also become a priority. Returning to knitting and crochet should be on the list, too.
1. Bras and undies!Negligible progress on this goal. I made a couple of pairs of cotton/spandex undies from scraps of other project, but really haven't really settled on a favorite pattern yet. And I haven't tried bras yet, either. I pulled out the Watson bra kit I have and almost cut into but panicked and put it away again. For some reason I find the bra-making materials intimidating. No idea why.
Trying my hand at sewing undies tonight and coincidentally I just learned that @katiemakesadress @teaduststitches and @idlesunshine are hosting a panty party! #knickerswithatwist 🎉These are the #burdastyle plus size sloper in #artgalleryknits (#scrapbusting) with stretch lace. #sewing #sewinglingerie #curvysewing #curvysewingcollective #handmadewardrobe #imakemyownclothes
2. Sophie Swimsuit!
Nope, not yet.
3. More pants and jeans!This one is going well... Curvy Pants Month at the Curvy Sewing Collective really pushed me on this one. I've made a whole bunch of pants, including the Style Arc Margaret, Named Alexandria Peg Trousers, Style Arc Georgie Jeans, Style Arc Lazo Trousers, Named Ninni Culottes and a couple pairs of not-yet-blogged jeans.
4. Sew a coat!I made an unlined wool coat, the Style Arc Riley, which I love and think will be perfect for fall. I've also made a Hampton Jean Jacket, which will be great for layering, but I think I'd still like to make a legitimate winter coat, lining and all.
5. Try new-to-me pattern companies!I've tried several new-to-me pattern companies, including The Sewing Workshop, Kommatia Patterns, Chalk and Notch Patterns...
6. Make a vintage pattern!I've got a dress pattern in mind, but haven't delved in yet. I imagine I may stumble upon more vintage patterns now that I'm back in the U.S. and have access to more thrift stores, yard sales and the like.
So, there's my update, a mixed bag of meeting and not meeting goals, a bit of goal post moving and circumstantial changes! I'm unlikely to make substantial progress over the next few months, as my sewing equipment is on the slow boat from Asia until early September. I did borrow a machine from my mom, as well as some tools, and I brought a few things to work on, but I don't have a serger or anything, so I won't do too many complicated projects.
Did you make any sewing goals this year? How are you progressing on them?