Friday, October 19, 2012

Stripey Snappy Shoulder Vest

This pattern is so freaking cute for little boys.  And easy.  I highly recommend it.

I love the shoulder detail, plus I added some detail of my own by making contrasting stripes and ribbed edging.


I made this vest for Amy's son, Alex, after she requested more orange things for him.  I used bits of yarn leftover from various other projects, hence the stripes.  I also overcame my fear of knitting in the round using double-pointed needles- I used them for the ribbing and it worked out pretty well!

I used size 8 needles and made the 2T size from the pattern, but I think it may be a little bit larger then 2T in reality based on my needle choice.



5 comments:

  1. This is insanely adorable! Scuba would like one in his size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha- I will work on it. But will it fit in his 35 lb bag?

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'll make sure it does! who needs all of that underwear anyway?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow - thanks for trying the pattern. your version is fantastic! i love the colour combo and the stripes.

    ReplyDelete