Thursday, July 9, 2015

Floral Lawn Washi

My sister really liked the last Washi top I made her, so I whipped out another one for her in this 
pretty floral lawn.



The lawn is from Belleboo here in Bangkok and is a relative of the fabric I used for my mom's Painted Portrait tunic. Soft and lightweight, perfect for summer.


I made the same adjustments I did to her last Washi top: I used 1/4" elastic in a bias tape casing in the back rather than use shirring, which I can't successfully accomplish with my machine. I cut the cute little keyhole neckline, which she liked. 


Looking pretty good, Charles!

10 comments:

  1. Your sister is gorgeous--definitely see the family resemblance! What a fun top and a great print, perfect as you say for summer for combating sweltering heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! I definitely need to pop over to Bangkok's fabric district for more of this lawn...

      Delete
  2. It looks great! Lucky sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Washis are perfect for hot summer weather. That lawn is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teri! Washis are pretty awesome summer gear. Now I might have to make myself another Washi...

      Delete
  4. The Washi is so laid back -- it is that perfect summer dress. Your sister's tunic looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! You are a very nice sister (I've sewn for my sister's kids but never my sister - she is super picky and I'd be intimidated!). It looks great on her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha- thanks! I knew the style worked for her since I'd made her one before, so that helped eliminate any potential for pickiness.

      Delete