Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Boozy Peaches and Cream

Got some perfectly ripe peaches in my CSA share this week, and was looking for a simple way to eat some of them as dessert... two recipes from this month's influx of food magazines caught my eye: Boozy Peaches and Cream from Food Network Magazine and Roasted Peaches with Amaretti Crumble from Bon Appetit.



At first I thought I was comparing apples to apples: one boozy recipe versus another. Then, when I realized that what I had understood to be booze in the Bon Appetit recipe was actually amaretti (little Italian cookies), not amaretto (sweet almond-flavoured liqueur, also of Italian origin), my choice was clearly made... go with the booze. Also, I had neither amaretti nor amaretto on hand, and the Bon Appetit recipe required turning on the oven, so the deal was really sealed.

The Boozy Peaches and Cream recipe was very simple and tasty- it's basically sliced peaches with brown sugar layered with bourbon whipped cream. I would make it again, for sure. I did forget to add the toasted pecans on top, but didn't notice they were missing. I bet you could top the recipe with some of Mike's famous candied nuts, and that would put it over the top. Almost as much as writing "Mike's famous candied nuts" put this post over the top. And... scene.