Randy and Chris from Star Hollow Farm gave us this sorrel souprecipe and all of the ingredients to make it in last week's CSA box. Pretty tasty! Lemony and light.
Here's the recipe:
Country Sorrel Soup
1 1/2 TBS butter
1 small onion, diced
1/2 lb potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 1/2 C tightly packed sorrel, stemmed
3 C stock or water (I used 2 cups chicken broth, 1 water)
1/4 C sour cream
lemon juice (I used the juice from 1/2 lemon)
salt & pepper
- In a heavy pot, melt butter and saute onion until soft, but not brown.
- add potatoes, sorrel and stock.
- bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-15 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- cool and puree until smooth
- add sour cream lemon juice and salt & pepper
- heat through, but do not boil