Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lemony Shrimp Scampi

So my CSA is only delivering every two weeks this winter (which is fine since they are mostly selling root/storage types crops right now in the dead of winter), and last week it slipped my mind that I had to put in my order. So for the first time in a while our meals are not determined by the CSA box contents. I took this opportunity to attempt to do some eating down of our fridge and freezer contents...

We had a couple bags of frozen shrimp in the freezer, a bag of lemons in the fridge, some parsley on the roof, and some pasta in the pantry, so I decided a buttery, garlicky, lemony shrimp scampi was in order (plus a simple salad using the last of some lettuce we bought last week).
I used a combination of a couple Ina Garten recipes... her linguine with shrimp scampi and her lemon pasta with roasted shrimp. I roasted the peeled shrimp in olive oil and S&P, and then added them to the butter/garlic/red pepper flake/lemon juice/lemon zest mixture. Tossed with whole wheat spaghetti and sprinkled with parsley and a little bit of grated parmesan. Yum.