Monday, August 22, 2011

Whole Wheat ,Yogurt, Blueberry and Raspberry Pancakes

Wow- these are good pancakes. I don't usually like pancakes- too heavy and dense- but pancakes made from this recipe don't fall into that rut... they're super light and fluffy, and actually somewhat healthy since the recipe calls for yogurt and whole wheat flour. My only complaint would be that the recipe doesn't call for enough fruit- I almost doubled the amount of fruit in there.

It's the whole wheat pastry flour in the recipe that really makes these pancakes work. I know it's somewhat silly to buy a specialty flour just to make pancakes, but these might be worth it. Plus, I'm sure you could find some other uses for this great flour (check out the list at the bottom of this page for more whole wheat pastry flour ideas...).