Corduroy shackets for all!
I think this is the fourth one, but it's only the second to make it to the blog (see here for his brown flannel version).
I used heavy duty snaps in antique brass for closures.
Construction drama story: after some procrastination, I finished this shacket pretty last minute and had Tim try it on to celebrate. Tim immediately noticed that I had pulled a real newbie error and sewn the sleeves on backwards, so the tower plackets were on the front of the sleeves. Nooooooooo!
I had a minor breakdown, and when I gathered myself I unpicked both sleeves to switch them. Tragically during the unpicking I somehow managed to rip the left sleeve vertically through the corduroy ribs at the sleeve head. Double nooooooo!
I patched it with some interfacing and zigzagged the hell out of it. You can hardly tell it's there. But it still annoys me.