My mom really loved the Megan Nielsen Dove Blouse we made her a few months ago, and I had a piece of cotton lawn purchased from Belleboo with her in mind, so the combination was a no-brainer.
She liked the fit from her last Dove (small shoulders, medium bust, large hip), so I stuck with that. Somehow it turned out ever-so-slightly bigger than the original version, and I have no idea why. I used the same pattern pieces I had traced for the first one...
Because the floral on the cotton lawn was quite big and irregular, I decided I didn't want to match it across the Dove's center from seam. I cut the front bodice on the fold instead.
I just tried to make sure the bust points weren't exactly centered on two flowers! That's the worst.
She likes the blouse. She says it's light and airy in the cotton lawn, and the shape is comfortable. I think she looks pretty stylish in the exaggerated high-low hem and v-neck. Another winner!