Thursday, July 6, 2017

Kommatia Patterns Relaxed T-Shirt


I know there's some debate out there about whether there are too many indie t-shirt sewing patterns on the market, but I am definitely on Team You Can Never Have Enough T-Shirt Patterns!


I've been curious about Kommatia Patterns after seeing a few fellow sewists (primarily Anya) making and looking fabulous in their patterns. So when I saw that Kommatia Patterns were on sale a few weeks back, I decided to give one a try!


One of their recent releases, a relaxed t-shirt, caught my eye. The shape looked really cute and modern with the deep v-neck, curved hem and turned up cap sleeves.


I eked this t-shirt out of large scraps left over from my Style Arc Alissa dress. Yay for cutting flat and saving fabric! The cupro jersey from Stylish Fabrics was great for this t-shirt... relaxed and drapey and lovely.


Maybe a little bit too drapey? I see my neckline is buckling a bit and my sleeve turn-ups a tad saggy. Perhaps I should have pulled the neck band a little bit tighter when sewing it to account for the super drapey fabric.


I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the pattern and instructions were- quite thorough and lots of notches to help you along!


I cut a size XL for this t-shirt, which worked out great. I love the fit!


Have you tried Kommatia Patterns yet? I'm really pleased with my experience (I've worn this t-shirt several times since making it in May) and am eyeing some of their other offerings!