Thursday, March 17, 2022

Emerald Green Marlo Cardigan

Almost exactly a year later and I've made myself another True Bias Marlo Sweater!


I've really enjoyed wearing my oversized but cropped Marlo sweater over the past year and have been wanting another. I love the proportions - the big volume with the cropped length - and how it layers.

My Marlo, like my last, is a size 20 from the larger size range. I opted again for the cropped option, view A.

I chose some bright emerald green Arietta ponte that I bought at the grand opening of my new local garment fabric shop, Stash

So delighted to have a local fabric shop, and also pumped that Stash is now a brick-and-mortar shop so I can fondle the fabric in person!

The rayon/nylon/spandex ponte fabric is has a super smooth surface and the color is very vibrant. Perfect for spring. 

The ponte makes for a slightly stiffer cardigan than the cotton sweatshirt fleece I used for my last version, but I think it still works.

I haven't put buttonholes or buttons on the cardigan yet, and I'm not sure I will. But I interfaced the buttonbands in that section to leave the option open in case I change my mind. Maybe heavy duty snaps?


Pretty happy with my cardigan! I think I'll wear this a lot.