Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Aqua Cameron Shirt

Another Cameron shirt cutie...


I sewed a Helen's Closet Cameron shirt in Mammoth flannel for my sister last year, and apparently her BFF was very into it. 

My sister commissioned one for her friend for her birthday this year, and chose another Mammoth flannel... a beautiful aqua plaid from LA Finch Fabrics

I was a little bit nervous about the fabric color being too baby-ish, but I think it looks really great!

I cut the Cameron shirt in size 8, with no modifications. The Cameron pattern up to a 60″ chest and 62″ hip.

I had her measurements from when I sewed her a Charlie Caftan a few years back, and was a little nervous in case they changed, but my size choice worked out well. It's oversized, but perfectly so.

For interest, and to avoid matching plaids too much, I cut the yoke, pockets and cuffs on the bias. 

The closures are pearl snaps, which complemented the fabric really well. 

I finished the shirt with a "Handmade" tag and some coordinating variegated pastel serger thread.

It turned out great and I think she likes it! She paired it with, what I'm told, is a birthday bramble cocktail