A birthday gift for my sister, a cozy sweatshirt!
The pattern is the Style Arc Verity Knit Top. It has an extended shoulder, square shape, slim sleeves, a funnel neck, and a curved, faced hem. I particularly love the curved hem with a hem facing- so classy!
The fabric is a bright turquoise cotton sweatshirt fleece my sister bought for herself from secondhand fabric store Paper City Fabrics.
Size-wise, my sister measured as a size 12/14, but she wanted the sweatshirt to be oversized, so we cut a size 16. It worked out great.
I skipped the drawstring at the neck. The neck stands up great on its own in this weighty fabric.
I had just enough fabric left to cut a kangaroo pocket, using the pocket pattern pieces from the Hey June Halifax Hoodie.
I didn't have quite the right color thread, but I did have a fun variegated thread that worked well, so we ended up with some contrast stitching.
Cute and cozy!