Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Serpentine Hat, Take 2

 After sharing my recent Serpentine Hat project, my mom expressed an interest in one, too.


We had a beach trip on the calendar, so I sewed up an Elbe Textiles Serpentine hat for her, perfect for the beach, using fabrics from my stash!


I had some leftover waxed cotton canvas from Stash in my stash, remnants from my Elbe Akerfeldt Coat. I used that for the exterior. 


The lining is some cotton lawn from my stash, also left over from a previous project (a Megan Nielsen Dove blouse, also for my mom).


The cotton lawn was perhaps a little bit lightweight for this purpose- I think a quilting-weight cotton would have worked better. 


I cut a size medium Serpentine for her, based on her head measurement, and that worked out great.


I think it turned out great and she seemed to like it! Got some lovely shots of her wearing at the beach, along with her caftan made from the Cris Wood Envelope Dress pattern.