Monday, November 6, 2017

Sweater Knit Tallinn

Sorry, Adrianna, I know it probably pains you to see your patterns sewn up in purple...



This is the Hey June Tallinn sweater... I loved my versions so much, I thought my sister might like one, too. I polled her on turtleneck versus cowl neck and she opted for the cowl, so cowl it was!



I made this back in July for her birthday in August, but just got photos when she came to visit for the weekend.


The fabric is a drapey sweater knit that I bought at a strange fabric store in Boston a few years back. I'm pretty sure it no longer exists, but it was one of those places that had an odd assortment of fabrics that looked like designer or bolt ends or something. My mom bought the same fabric in a cobalt blue colorway, although I don't think she's done anything with it yet.


 Size-wise, I went with a medium at the shoulders and bust to a large at the hip, which seemed to work well. The fabric has quite a lot of drape, which makes the sweater seem a bit bigger. 


At the time, I didn't have my serger, so I just used a zig zag stitch for the whole thing. I topstitched the seam allowances on the bands down because I didn't want them to flip outwards.

She seems to like it and I think it looks pretty damn good! Tallinn for the win again!