My annual Zadie jumpsuit!
For this latest Zadie, I used some fabric I bought on a whim on clearance from Joann last year. Looks like they still have some. They have inexplicably labeled it "denim," but it's 100% lyocell and has the look and feel of a rayon challis.
The floral/foliage print on the fabric ran perpendicular to the selvage, strangely. So I decided to cut the jumpsuit on the cross-grain so the plants would grow skywards.
I made some of the same tweaks as I have the last couple of times I made this pattern:
- I cut the back on the fold (minus the seam allowance, of course)
- I used bias tape as a facing around the neckline and edge of the wrap, rather than binding it
- I interfaced and topstitched the waist ties so they don't collapse on themselves (and require less ironing!)
As usual with this pattern, I love the resulting garment! Comfy and casual, but nice enough to wear to the office (if I were going to the office!).