Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Style Arc Zalia Top

And now, a series of unusually purple-y garments...

The first purple garment I'm sharing is the Style Arc Zalia, a top or dress with a round or V-neck, with featuring balloon sleeves in two lengths, a faced hem, and topstitched center front and back seams. 


I opted for a size 20 (I'd made a size 22 in Style Arc recently-ish and found it too big), and went with the higher, round neck option and shorter sleeves. The 20 worked out well!


Speaking of sleeves: I think with this project I had a revelation about my personal statement sleeves preferences. I love a statement sleeve, but it has to meet the following criteria: 


1) not be puffy or gathered at the shoulder, 

2) have the drama/volume further down, 

3) be short enough to show some wrist and not dip into whatever I'm eating. 

I think these Zalia sleeves nail those points!


For fabric, I had a remnant of this purple purple linen/lyocell blend from the clearance rack at Joann, part of the Nicole Miller line. You might remember I also made a dress out of this fabric I also made a dress out of this fabric a few years back! 


It's got the tell-tale crinkle and texture of linen, but a nice, heavy drape from the lyocell. This fabric is unironable- the wrinkles never come out. 


For some reason my hem facing slightly flares out at the bottom; not sure if I should have stay-stitched?


I’m pretty happy with my Zalia! The blouse is cute but not too fussy and the color is cheerful! 

Here I wore it with my Glebe Pants, but last week I wore it to work with a pencil skirt (this ancient one that magically still fits) and felt great.