Sunday, July 22, 2012

Tiny Pocket(less) Tank

Since I am so in love with Grainline's Scout T-shirt pattern, I thought I would download another pattern from the site: the Tiny Pocket Tank. It's a simple but modern-cut tank perfect for hot Jakarta weather. 

I decided to make my first version out of an old cotton and linen button-down shirt of Tim's that he no longer wears.  In retrospect, perhaps I should have done a straightforward version of the tiny pocket tank rather than a refashion, but it turned out pretty well in the end anyway. 


I skipped the tiny pocket in the end, but left the button down placket from Tim's shirt intact.  I sewed it up, though, to prevent any gaping.  The chest area is a little bit tight on me (the top of the pattern is not quite as roomy as the Scout t-shirt- it's slightly more fitted- so I misjudged my size), so next time I may go up a size. 


I'm looking forward to making many more versions of this pattern!