Amy told me that she wished Baby Alex had some more orange colored clothing, as it's her favorite color... In order to remedy her situation I decided to use some orange yarn I had lying around to make Alex something. Initially, I had planned to make this cute little contrast shoulder vest, but sadly I discovered halfway through that the 2 balls of orange yarn I had left were not from the same dye lot, a fact that was readily apparent in the inadvertent ombre look the vest had going on. Boo.
Enter this cute brimmed beanie, which used only half of the orange yarn I had.
I added turquoise contrast stripes and skipped the flower from the original pattern. Pretty cute! Hopefully it fits Alex!