Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mixed Stripes Recess Raglan

I snatched up the Pattern Anthology Alphabet collection last week at the last minute after hemming and hawing over it for a while and then ultimately deciding I should get all the pieces while they were on super sale.

My first make from the collection is See Kate Sew's Recess Raglan, a cute little unisex raglan sleeve t-shirt.  I used scraps of old-school green and white striped fabric leftover from my Briar t-shirt and combined it with more green and white striped fabric from a t-shirt that Tim was going to give away.


The pattern was super easy to put together, especially with my new serger.  I was able to zip through it in less than an hour (not counting cutting time).  I used the existing hem from Tim's t-shirt, which helped speed things along, too. 


I think it looks pretty cute, although I am a little worried it will be tight, especially the neckhole, since the vintage fabric doesn't have all that much stretch to it.  We'll see!!  

Can't wait to make the other patterns in the collection!