Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Me Made May Mid Month Menagerie

Halfway through the month and I've got a Me Made May update for you, if you're into that type of thing...


As a reminder, here's my original pledge (check out my MMM pledge post here): I endeavor to wear 2 articles of handmade clothing each day, and 3 articles at least twice per week for the duration of May 2018. I plan to mix and match my handmade articles to find new pairings and layering options.

And my compliance so far? It's going well! If we're getting really technical, I wear 2 articles of handmade clothing every day before even getting dressed... My pajamas pants are more likely than not handmade (see: Tofino, Margot), and I wear my Suki kimono every morning post-shower, while drying my hair, putting on makeup, and drinking my coffee. I also carry a handmade lunch tote to work every day.

But, technicalities aside, counting those items is not really in the spirit of the game (or my pledge for that matter), so I'll launch into what I actually wore in public for the past 15 days. Note: if scrolling through this blog post is too much effort, you can also have a look at my Instagram stories for the daily Me Made May updates. I've also created a highlight album for MMMay18 in my Instagram profile.

Please don't expect professional photos. These pre-work photos are a real struggle! Also, I missed a photo one of the days, so please except this pre-coffee, pre-shower photo of me in my Suki kimono in lieu of that one. 


Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:


Day 4:

Day 5:
Sew House Seven Toaster Sweater 2, Cashmerette Concord T-shirt (haven't blogged this pink one, but check out others here), Helen's Closet Avery Leggings

Day 6:


Day 7:

Day 8:

Day 9:


Day 10:

Day 11:

Day 12:


Day 13:
Forgot to take a photo, but I wore my pink Cashmerette Concord t-shirt to go on a hike. Also, pajama pants and Suki kimono, so we're counting it.

Day 14:

Day 15:


Some analysis, for those of you who want to get into the nitty-gritty:

The weather has been all over the map during this time, ranging from the low 40s to mid-80s. That is pretty good layering weather, which makes this whole process quite easy. So different from all of my previous Me Made Mays when the only time I wore more than one garment in a day was when I sweat through one and put on another. I'll be honest and say I much prefer this weather to the heat and humidity.

I feel I have a pretty good mix of recent projects and older ones. There are plenty of 2015 projects in the mix there! I definitely need to make more solid layering t-shirts and blouses as well as basic pants and jeans. But I say that every year, though, and then I'm off sewing the shiny new patterns... But generally I'm feeling pretty good about my transitional wardrobe! The pieces are fairly interchangeable and everything feels pretty "me."

How's your Me Made May coming along? Any revelations?